Spring is around the corner, and we all know what that means – time to finally bid goodbye to your favorite winter jacket and say hello to warm, breezy springtime air! Come spring and a lot of us begin to receive invitations to backyard barbecues and outdoor picnics. Thinking of hosting a fabulous spring gathering and having your close ones over? Then you most definitely want to bookmark this article.
Now, to have a great party, good food and drinks go hand-in-hand. Right? True, but do you know what makes it even better? A good cocktail. Yes, we’re here to share recipes for some delicious spring cocktails that your guests are not only going to love but be wanting more of. These cocktails are infused with the freshest flavors of the season and are perfect for the weather outside. All you’ve to do is take note and get ready to amp up your party hosting skills by a hundred percent. So, let us not waste any more precious time and jump right into the best cocktail recipes for your spring soiree.
1. Cherry Blossom
A cherry blossom cocktail (inspired by the blossoming cherries in Japan) is a lovely, refreshing drink for a spring get-together. It perfectly captures the essence of the season’s blooming flowers with its exquisite taste and beautiful red shade. Plus, this cocktail is so easy to make, you’ll most likely end up making this more often than thought.
- 25 oz 1800 Silver Tequila
- 1 oz lime juice
- 1 oz grapefruit juice
- .25 oz grenadine
- Grapefruit slice or maraschino cherry for garnish
- Salt as needed
- Put all the ingredients into a shaker and mix it up.
- Strain the drink into a martini glass rimmed with salt or over ice.
- Garnish with a cherry or a grapefruit slice, and voila! Cocktail ready to be served!
Source: Town & Country
2. Sparkling Fruit Sangria
Can there be a better cocktail choice for a spring celebration than a glass of sparkly fruity sangria? We think not. This drink is an absolute crowd favorite with its vibrant, colorful aesthetic and light, fizzy taste.
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 10 large strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 750 ml bottle sweet white wine
- 1 750 ml bottle of your favorite champagne
- Take a large bowl or pitcher. Add the orange juice and all the fruit, along with the wine. Allow it to refrigerate for 3-24 hours before the party.
- Just before serving, add champagne.
- If you would like it to taste sweeter, feel free to add a quarter cup of granulated sugar or honey.
- Ready to serve!
Source: Sally’s Baking Addiction
3. Tequila Honeysuckle
“When life gives you lemons, grab salt & tequila!”. Well, haven’t we heard that before? Apart from making an entrance at wild parties, a tequila cocktail can find its way into your spring festivities too. Wish to know how? Just take a look at this delightful recipe.
- 2 oz Milagro Blanco Tequila
- .75 oz honey syrup
- .75 oz lime juice
- Mix all the ingredients into a shaker and shake well with ice.
- Strain the drink and serve it in a glass, topped with a lime wedge.
- Ready to be served (and enjoyed)!
Source: Town & Country
4. Peach Bellini Punch
Combined with peach and champagne, this bellini punch is an easy-peasy recipe. It’s very light, crisp, and cool and makes for a perfect companion for spring air. In this recipe, you also have the choice to use artificial sweeteners instead of regular sugar, so you can drain down these punches guilt-free of any calories.
- 2 ripe peaches, halved, peeled, and sliced
- 2 Sweet ‘n Low packets (or any other artificial sweetener or regular granulated sugar)
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 bottle Prosecco or other sparkling wine
- 2 tablespoons peach schnapps
- In a blender, mix the peaches, sweetener, and lemon juice until it turns into a smooth puree.
- Pour the puree into a small bowl and cover it with plastic wrap. Ensure the wrap is touching the surface of the puree to prevent any browning.
- Refrigerate the bowl until cold, up to two days.
- In a pitcher, combine the puree, sparkling wine, and schnapps and mix well.
- Take out the champagne glasses. Pour the drink into the glasses over ice, and get ready to be asked for the recipe!
Source: Kitchen Meets Girl
We’re sure with these spring cocktail recipes, your party is going to be wild and one to remember. But yes, make sure that those indulging in your fabulous cocktails do so responsibly, or at least have a designated driver!