There is something undeniably fun about eating food directly off a stick. The chances of forks and spoons being involved here are zero, but the chances of fun are always a hundred! Throwing a party with lots of guests and children to host? Foods on a stick can be your ultimate savior. After all, it strikes just the right balance between exciting joy and secret relief from having to clean an unending number of dishes and cutlery. Plus, it offers some other advantages too – food almost always tastes better on a stick, it is much easier to get a child to eat their food, AND this concept is quite popular amongst all cultures!
If you’re, by far, convinced of serving foods on a stick at your next party, the only advice we have to offer is to sit back, relax, and read this article. Because we’ll be covering plenty of ideas and recipes of foods that you can prepare, serve (and gobble up) with ease on a stick!
Asian Chicken Skewers
We all know that chicken is easy to cook and makes for an incredible choice on any party menu. So, how could we leave it out of this list? Let’s take a look at the recipe that results in delectable Asian chicken pieces on a skewer served with a dipping sauce of your choice.
- 1/4 cup tightly packed cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp of any Asian hot chili sauce, such as Sriracha sauce
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic
- One 2-inch chunk of fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound (about ½ kg) boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into twelve 3 1/2 to 4-inch strips
- 1/2 cup prepared dipping sauce, such as cilantro chutney or sweet chili sauce
- The first step involves some blending, so take out your blender or mini processor for this. Put in the cilantro leaves, oil, chili sauce, sugar, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, onions, and ½ teaspoon salt and blend it all until smooth.
- Attach the chicken to the skewers and rub the marinade mixture (from the previous step) onto the chicken. Place them in a baking dish, cover it, and refrigerate for one to two hours.
- Preheat a grill pan on medium heat. Remove the chicken skewers from the baking dish, discarding the marinade. Grill them on the pan until well charred and cooked from all sides.
- And, voila! Done! Serve with a tempting dipping sauce of your choice, and get ready to rake in compliments.
A wise and knowledgeable individual once said, “the perfect dessert to any meal always involves chocolate”. That wise person in question could have been us, but would you disagree? Perhaps not. This recipe combines chocolate with its absolute favorite companion – churros! Simply cut up churros into bite-sized pieces, skewer them up and pair them up with some liquid chocolate to round up this delicious delight.
Recipe for Sipping Chocolate (serves 8):
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 tbsp corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp fine salt
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 oz (approx 170 grams) semi-sweet chocolate, chopped or chips
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Place a medium saucepan on medium to low heat. Add the milk, cream, corn syrup, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cocoa powder and water to form a paste.
- When the liquid is hot (not boiling) in the saucepan, add the cocoa paste, butter, and the chopped chocolate or chips.
- Do not mix until all the chocolate has melted. This could take approximately five minutes.
- Add the vanilla extract and whisk it until smooth.
- And ta-da! Your sipping chocolate is ready. Add it to shot glasses, filling only halfway, with the churros skewers on top.
Grilled Fruit Skewers
Slightly unpopular yet mouth-watering, this recipe is an absolute favorite. We say “slightly unpopular” because many people avoid anything to do with the words – grilled and fruit. But those that end up trying it become fans of grilled fruit for life. A perfect addition to your weekend BBQ plans, grilled fruit skewers are a lovely choice for summer parties, and not to mention, extremely easy to make.
This doesn’t even need a recipe! All you have to do is gather some fruits, cut them up into bite-sized pieces, and skewer them. You can choose a range of fruits such as mango, pineapple, watermelon, kiwi, and peach and attach them alternatingly on the skewer. Spray with a bit of olive oil and set them to grill for approximately 15 minutes, rotating each side. Sprinkle with chili powder (if needed) and serve with a tasty dip or with ricotta cheese – whichever suits your preference. Well, wasn’t this the most healthy and yummy food on a stick?
Also Read: Best Wines Paired With Chocolate| Easy And Healthy Homemade Snacks For Your Road Trip