Summer’s approaching! Are you just as excited as we are? How lovely would it be to just draw a bath for your partner after a tough day at work and surprise them with a relaxing back massage and a glass of a refreshing drink in their hand? Let us walk you through our top picks for the best refreshing mocktail recipes this summer!
1. Blueberry Lime Mocktail
Blueberry with lime has to be the best combination for a mocktail, if these are just surprisingly two things that you happen to have sitting in your refrigerator!
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (from about 3-4 limes)
- 4 leaves fresh mint
- 2 cans berry sparkling water
- 1 lime, sliced into rounds
- In a small saucepan, add in the blueberries, honey, and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Mash up the berries and then push the liquid through a sieve to get rid of the skins (optional). Set aside to cool.
- Once cooled, place half of the blueberry mixture in the bottom of each glass, then pour the lime juice into both glasses.
- Place some lime slices and mint leaves in the glass.
- Add some ice and then pour the sparkling water in each glass. Stir and enjoy!
2. Virgin Mojito
An absolute classic, there’s no way you can go wrong with this. The virgin mojito always finds its place among the best mocktails.
- 1 lime, halved and sliced into wedges
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 6 mint leaves, plus extra to garnish
- 3-4 tbsp apple juice
- A dash of almond extract
- Sparkling water for topping up
- Use the end of a rolling pin to muddle the lime wedges with the sugar in a highball glass.
- Add the mint leaves and lightly muddle again.Fill the glass with ice and pour over the fruit juice and almond extract.
- Stir, then top up with sparkling water and garnish with more mint leaves.
3. Berry Spritzer
You’re definitely going to love this refreshing mix of lemons, berries and mint! Just as fun as its name, this drink is the perfect dose of twists and refreshment that you need right now. So let’s get to it!
- A handful of organic berries
- Fresh, organic mint leaves (no more than two sprigs)
- Juice of 1 organic lime
- 2 tbsp agave, honey, or other sweetener (optional)
- Club soda
- Muddle or purée the berries with the juice of one lime, the mint, and the optional sweetener.
- For the blackberry spritzer, use about half of a 6-ounce container. We recommend five or six large strawberries for that version.
- Add three to four mint leaves from two sprigs to capture the herb’s essence.
- Fill your glass with ice. Spoon your berry mixture over it. Then top it with club soda. Depending on how fruity you enjoy your drinks, you can reserve this for one mocktail or divide it between two.
- Mix the spritzer using a cocktail shaker.
- Serve with berry, lime, or mint garnishes.
- Bring on the warm weather and enjoy.
4. Blackberry Lemon Mocktail
After the blueberry it’s time for the blackberry to shine! Just as its cousin, this blackberry shares the same secret of refreshment. It’s just something about berries and lemons that whenever they come together, the results are magical!
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup pre-made lemonade
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Lemon slices
- Seltzer/club soda
- Add the blackberries to a small saucepan and mash them with a fork or potato masher until broken down into small bits.
- Add the sugar, water and lemonade and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer over low-medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Strain the mixture to remove the bits of blackberry, add the juice from the lemon and refrigerate the liquid until cooled.
- Once cooled, pour the liquid evenly among 4 glasses filled with ice cubes.
- Add seltzer until glass is full.
- Garnish with lemon slices, mint and extra blackberries.
5. Virgin Grapefruit Mojito
Some people say grapefruit is an acquired taste, you may love it or you may hate it, it won’t hurt to try it once… will it? So if you’re all about taking risks, take this one with us!
- 1/4 ruby or pink grapefruit, cut into small chunks and seeds removed
- 2 tbsp agave syrup or honey
- 12 fresh mint leaves, roughly torn
- 1/2 cup pink grapefruit soda or flavored mineral water, plus more as needed
- Mint sprigs, for garnish
- Put the grapefruit pieces, agave and mint in a cocktail shaker.
- Using a muddler, smash the fruit until the juice is released.
- Add one cup small ice cubes to the shaker with the half cup soda; attach the lid and shake furiously until combined.
- Divide between two rocks glasses, add more ice if desired, and top off with additional soda.
- Stir, garnish with mint sprigs and serve.
6. Christmas Mocktail Orange And Rosemary Fizz
Who says Christmas can come only once a year? We’re here to bring it to you whenever you need it! With the tangy taste of oranges and the dynamic taste of rosemary which has hints of citrus, lavender, pine, sage, pepper, and mint, what else do you need in one drink to feel fresh?
- 2 large wedges of oranges
- A sprig of rosemary
- Soda water
- 1 tsp pomegranate seeds
- 1 cinnamon stick, to serve
- Put the orange and half the rosemary into a highball glass. Muddle well, then fill with ice.
- Top with soda water, stir to mix, and garnish with pomegranate and cinnamon and the remaining rosemary.
7. Citrus Peach Cooler
Citrus just has that quality to it that whenever it touches anything, it definitely becomes refreshing. With that same magic, this citrus peach cooler has the perfect mix of sweetness and sour that will keep lingering on your mind for hours!
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 lime, sliced
- A handful of ice cubes
- ⅓ jug peach nectar or peach juice
- ⅓ jug cloudy lemonade
- Sparking water to fill jug
- Strawberries or mint, to garnish
- Peach schnapps, a slash (optional)
- Put the juice of 2 lemons and 2 limes into a large jug.
- Add 1 sliced lemon, 1 sliced lime and a handful of ice cubes.
- Add peach nectar, or peach juice, to fill about one-third of the jug and top up to two-thirds full with cloudy lemonade.
- Add a few sliced strawberries and top up with sparkling water and mint sprigs. If you want to make it boozy, add a little peach schnapps.
Also Read: Crowd Favorite Spring Cocktails| 5 Best Winter Coffee Drinks [with Recipe]| 11 Drinkable Beauties Other Than Water| Spring’s Here! Tasty Recipes For A Picnic Lunch| Making Your Own Wine At Home